In order to promote friendship and understanding between people in China and abroad, and develop communication and cooperation in aspects of politics, economics, culture and education, Chinese government set Chinese Government Scholarship to support excellent students, teachers and scholars to study in China. Northeast Agricultural University is one of the 279 universities which are responsible for educating Chinese Government Scholarship students, and currently there are nearly 200 international students are enjoying different programs of Chinese Governments Scholarship here.
Northeast Agricultural University (hereinafter referred to as NEAU), located in the city of Harbin, is a key level university of Heilongjiang province and included in the national “211 Project”. NEAU comprises 17 colleges and 1 teaching department. There are 10 post-doctoral research stations, 2 post-doctoral work stations, 9 first level PhD disciplines, 20 first level master disciplines, 1 PhD professional degree, 7 master professional degrees and 75 undergraduate majors, covering the disciplines of Agronomy, Engineering, Science, Economics, Management, laws and Arts. The total Faculty number is 1577, including 312 professors and 462 associate professors. Currently NEAU consists of 28671 students, among which 3605 are postgraduates, and 225 are international students.
Applicants shall submit the written application materials and apply online (http://laihua.csc.edu.cnthe Recruitment agencies code of NEAU is 10224) and send the application material to NEAU before March 31, 2016.
1) Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
2)Applicants should be in healthy physical condition.
3) Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4) Excellent achievement in your study
5) Comparative good ability in research
6) Applicants doesn’t gain any other scholarship
3. Application Materials
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).（The applicants shall download the Application Form after application online through http://laihua.csc.edu.cn and stamp a two inch photo on the form and should leave signature in the required blank.
1) Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (printed by CSC), the original document and a copy, filled in Chinese or in English.
2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they shall also provide studying certificates or employment documents. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3) Applicants for graduate studies are required to provide undergraduate transcripts. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide undergraduate transcripts and graduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
5) Applicants for master and doctoral degree studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
6) Published academic papers and academic achievements (if have)
7) Applicants should provide a copy of HSK certificate if it is passed.
8) A copy of the passport
9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
10) Acceptance letter from supervisor(can be attached if you have)
The above materials should directly reach the International Exchange Division of NEAU. The application material would not be sent back whether the applicant is enrolled or not.
4.Categories of Applicants and Duration of Remedial Chinese Language Course
Categories of applicants
Duration of major study
Duration of Chinese language courses
Master degree students
Doctor degree students
The lessons will be taught in Chinese. Students whose HSK doesn’t meet the requirement need to take Chinese language courses for one year ahead of the major study. And the duration of Scholarship will be lengthened by extra one year for the students who need to learn Chinese.
5. Details of the Scholarship
1). Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and fee for accommodation on campus;
2). Fee for Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China.
3). Monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
Master degree students: CNY 3,000 Yuan
Doctoral degree students: CNY 3,500 Yuan
4).NEAU provides free accommodation for Chinese Government Scholarship students, 2 bachelor students or master students shall live in one room, 1 doctoral students shall live in one room.
1)Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship that beyond the university’s arrangements should be afforded by the student himself.
2) Fee for basic learning materials covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other materials shall be self afforded.
3) Scholarship students shall get their monthly living allowance from the date of registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. Chinese Government Scholarship students who enjoy monthly living allowance should register in International Students Office according to monthly notice, so that to ensure the getting of living allowance.
4) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries.
6. Approval and Notification
1.NEAU will review all the application materials and NEAU is authorized to make necessary adjustments on the specialties and duration of study. The qualified applications will be forwarded to different departments and the final decision whether to admit the applicants or not will be made by NEAU. The application will be seen as invalid and will not be processed if the applicants are not qualified or the application materials are inconsistent with the recruitment regulations or are incomplete.
2. NEAU can decide student’s category and admission standard of international students whoapply the master or doctor education. If prior Chinese study or other preparatory education is needed, students should pass related examinations during prior education period, otherwise he will
not be allowed to start major study.
3.Applicants are encouraged to contact the departments and supervisors prior to application and please enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter if there is. (refer to the appendix: Chinese Government Scholarship Degree Programs).
4.Scholarship applicants accepted by NEAU of higher education will be officially awarded the Chinese Government Scholarship with endorsement from CSC and submitted to MOEC for the record.
5.Students are not permitted, in principle, to change their specialties, departments, or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice after registration.
6.NEAU will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to relevant students or relevant universities by July 31, so as to have these documents forwarded to the awards.
7.New Chinese Government Scholarship students should register before the deadline. Anyone who is unable to register on time should prove his reasonable reason and offer related certification, and ensure to get permission from the International Students Office of International Exchange Division. Otherwise, you will voluntarily give up the scholarship after two weeks.
8. International student who is diagnosed as pregnancy, university will not enroll the student. The costs of the international traveling expenses will be afforded by the student himself.
9. International student who is diagnosed as suffering from disease that are not permitted to enter China under Chinese laws and regulations will be required to leave China (suffering from mental disorder, leprosy, AIDS,venereal diseases, contagious tuberculosis or other infectious diseases). University will not enroll the student. The costs of the international traveling expenses will be afforded by the student himself.
7. Enrollment majors
P refer to the Chinese Government Scholarship Degree Programs.
1).Once any cheating or concealing act is found in application procedure, the application will be refused immediately and the scholarship qualification will be taken back as well. The cheating action will be reported to China Scholarship Council and Chinese Ministry of Education as records.
2). The accepted students have to take part in the annual review in accordance with the Measures
For the Annual Review of Chinese Government Scholarship Status. The details of Annual Review include performances (including the examination or checkup results of all courses in the first term and the general performances in the second term of this academic year), attitude towards study, attendance, conducts, rewards and punishments received.
9. Contact NEAU
Address:No.59, Mucai Street, Xiang fang District, Harbin City Heilongjiang Province, P. R. China
Post Address: No.59, Mucai Street, Xiang fang District, Harbin City Heilongjiang Province, P. R. China Northeast Agricultural University International Exchange Division International Students Office